The following represents information to help guide parents through the tryout process, any further questions can be sent via email to U18 AAA President Brenda Green.
HEO U18 AAA League – Tryout Process
- All players must be registered with their Home Association.
- All players must be registered with the HEO U18 AAA league (online registration coming soon).
- Protected/drafted players will be contacted by their team with dates/times to attend tryouts.
- Free Agent Players:
- Option 1 – attend the Free Agent Tryout Camp
- Option 2 – bypass the Free Agent Tryout Camp due to invite to club (try-out fees to club)
- Free Agent Tryout Camp:
- Players will receive invitation to tryout camps
- Players may choose which camp to attend
- Released Players:
- If a player is released from their club’s tryouts, they are welcome to pursue tryouts with other clubs (bear in mind there will be additional tryout fees)
- Tryout Ice Time – 2 skate guarantee:
- All clubs have been mandated to guarantee 2 ice times
- Rosters Determined – August 29th
- Waiver Period – applies to protects/drafts:
- Released players enter a waiver period and another club may pursue the player
- Begins August 29th until Midnight August 31st
- Final Rosters – September 1